Rex kinda backslid and ended up spending two nights in the hospital. He is for real better now. It was just this stomach virus.
We finally got to play Ticket to Ride: Europe, last night and we kinda played wrong. Everyone liked it. Rex not so much but it was partly because he just made random train routes all over the map and therefore did not score as many points as you would from connecting destinations.
While he was in the hospital we played dice and card games. I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_%28dice_game%29 which mesmerized me, especially after i read this strategy paper: http://cs.gettysburg.edu/~tneller/papers/umap10.pdf. I played the strategy against Karena and Karena+Rex and lost every single time.
Then i got tired of the clattering of the little dice so invented THIS NEW GAME. Karena insists that I did not invent it cause it’s like Pig with cards. But that’s like saying a car is not a new invention because there were already covered wagons.
I call it “Card Pig” or “Coach Pig” or “Bad Faces”; we’ll see which catches on:
- shuffle one deck of cards
- the object is to get 100 or more points
- on your turn you draw cards one at a time
- if you draw a 2-10 you add that many points to your turn score & you can draw again if you wish
- if you draw an ace, that’s 11 added to your turn score & you can draw again
- if you draw a face card, however, your turn ends and your score for the turn is zero.
- if you end your turn voluntarily (i.e. after drawing a 2-10 or A) then you add your turn score to your total.
As you can see this simple game combines exciting fast-paced play with card counting and math, and is clearly the best game ever invented in the history of mankind.
only worked out two times in four days
Bot Pos Sqt #22: 45×3, 135×2, 225,275,320,330x1
Bench: 45x10p, 135×4, 225×3, 265,270,275,280×4
Sumo+mini band: 135×3, 225×2, 275×1, 300×1, 320x1
Mil Press: 125×6, 130×4, 135×5
Pause Squat: 45×4, 135×3, 225×2, 275×1, 300,305,310,315,320×2, 325,330,335×1
Pause Med Grip Bench: 45x10p, 135×4, 185×3, 225,230×6, 235,240×5
JM Press: 195,200×5, 205,210×4
BTN Press: 105,110×6, 115×5
Sumo+monster: 135×2, 225,275,305x1
Trying to figure out how to stop wordpress from putting a rainbow flag on my reader.