I feel really good after having switched to Carnivor beef protein. I want to make it clear that I’m not claiming that there is anything great about it. Just saying that the whey protein I was taking was making me so miserable that it might just be like switching from eating dirt to eating slim-jims.
- I got the fruit punch flavor (bright red) and my wife observed (she knew it was made of beef) that it looked like I was drinking cow’s blood. This is something I now think of every time I drink it. Rather than making me nauseous it makes me feel awesomely manly in a juvenile way.
- It foams up, especially in a shaker bottle, which is kind of funny too. I guess a little annoying but kind of cool.
- Before I even found this article on the internet, I wondered how this stuff was made. Obviously they’re not grinding up steak, or even ground beef. I figured that it was probably tails, bones, ears, snouts, etc. http://bodybuilding.ultimatefatburner.com/Carnivor.html this review says it’s basically gelatin with extra aminos and creatine added.
- So I am going to try egg protein, as well as other kinds of whey and see how it goes. But I’m pretty pleased with this stuff so far.
- Since I do the dishes at my house, I’m glad it does not stick to the glass. Some brands of whey I’ve had to fucking chip out of there.
Weight: 190.4 (+0.6)
Racks were being used by Madcow, Porter and his female lifters, and Emilio. So I had to start with some benching and time-wasting, which added 10 minutes to my workout.
There was a new, fattish chick deadlifting with Porter. And some hot chick who works at the desk and is married to a former Navy corpsman who also works the desk was benching with him. Then there’s his wife Nancy, and Betsy the former bodypump instructor who are always training with him on Sundays. So two new chicks today.
Porter: Now we have seven women on the team!
Nancy, Betsy + Fatsy and Hotsy. 2+2 = 4, not 7, pal. (Unless he counts Emilio as having the strength of three women)
Manta Ray Squat: 45×4, 135×3, 225×3, 275×2, 315, 335, 355, 375, 385, 395; 300x10x3
Bench Press: 45×10, 95×6, 145×5, 195×4, 205×2, 295×2, 325, 345, 355; 290x2x3, 290x3x4, 290x4x3
Sumo+monster band: 2 singles, 195 off of 5″ deficit and 225 off 4″ deficit. Both were PRs, but whatever, I ran out of time, and was determined to prove to Fatman that I only workout for two hours.
Time: 2 hours (okay fine, 2:10, but 10 minutes were wasted at the beginning)