- for every person I barely know at the gym who asks, “So, ya ready for the meet?”
- for every old person or high school kid I don’t know at all who asks, “Are you doing that competition thing?”
- for every time another powerlifter asks me “what are your openers?”
- for every time anyone, powerlifter or not, asks me “Are you tapering before the meet or are you gonna like, max out the day before?”
- for every time I wondered if my singlet still fits but was too lazy to get it out of the box in the basement and go check.
Answers (cause someone’s gonna ask in the comments)
- No, but I will be next Saturday ha.
- I don’t know. (what I tell them, but probably 430/325/485 , 2nds: 470/350/515 thirds: 505/375/535+ we’ll see how it goes, men)
- yes gonna taper but not as much as you nerds. brb going to the gym to obsessively do reps with the bar, lat pulldowns and push the prowler just to feel like you’re doing something.
- probably still fits, haven’t checked yet.
Weight: 190.8 (+0.6)
MRS: 45×6, 135×4, 225×3, 275, 315, 340, 355, 365
LBS: 225×2, 315, 365, 405, 435, 455, 475,
ugh, 475 was easy, should have just tried 495. I took a video, i’m going too deep. Then i took 480, went too deep and got buried. every set i feel I am cutting high, then I go to the tape and see that it is well below parallel. one more chance tomorrow.
DB Bench: 35×35, 45×45, 55×30,25, 65×20
BTN Press: 45×6, 95×3, 115×2, 135, 145, 150; 110x3x3
Sumo+monster band: 9 sets, all PRs, up to 405 off a 1/2″ deficit