I would like to have something interesting to report, but no one was working out in their underwear today.
So here’s a recipe for a drink I enjoy.
- Big glass, like 24 oz.
- Small saucer
- Chili Powder
- Sea salt
- Lime juice
- Hot sauce (I prefer Siriacha)
- Tomato juice
- Beer (best is a can of crappy american yellow beer, like Bud, but hey if you want to waste a good beer, that works too.)
- Put a bunch of the sea salt and chili powder in the saucer.
- Wet the rim of the glass and rub it in the salt/chili powder so that the rim is coated. Yeah, like a margarita.
- Squirt Siriacha into the bottom of the glass until you’ve covered the bottom. If you use a thinner sauce, you’ll want a little more.
- Squirt in some lime juice. I dunno, two squirts.
- Pour in 8-10 oz of tomato juice.
- Pour the beer in from some height above the glass. This will mix it and mean you don’t need to dirty a spoon.
- If you have any beer left over in the can, drink it. Use less tomato juice next time.
- Enjoy your Chelada.
T-mag had an article last week about how “alcohol is like drain cleaner for your body.” What a load of horse hooey. Drinking in moderation is best. Want scientific proof? My son and daughter do not drink alcohol. My wife drinks maybe one drink every two years. I drink in moderation and I can squat more than all three of them put together! My daughter cannot actually squat, or she’d tip over. Same with Bill the Hobo who lives in a tent in the woods near my house. Clearly, too much or too little alcohol both result in tipping over when you squat.
High Bar Squat: 45×4, 110×3, 175×2, 235, 285, 325, 350, 370, 380,
In more news from the hypocritical, wishy-washy, follows one info source for a week then becomes an obsessive disciple front: I think I’m going to try “mobbing”. I’ll get a hold of a lacrosse ball and try some mobilitywod videos and see if there is any use. I feel pretty good, but if I could push press, front squat etc more weight that would be better.
Bottom Position Squat: #13 225, 315, 335, #12 315, 365, 385
Could have done more, but every once in a while I start to get sore in the CNS.
High Bar Squat: 255, 275, 295, 315, 335, 340, 255,260,265×2, 270×3
Push Press: 45×8, 95×3, 135×2, 175, 205,
225, 229; 190,195,195,200,205,210, 190×2,2,2,3
I dunno, I thought after I missed 225 that it might have been because I was using a different rack than I usually do, so I switched racks. It wasn’t the rack. My weakness today could have been bc of my heavy bench yesterday or the fact that I worked out only 14 hrs previously. I hope it means that I’ll have a good bench tomorrow.
RDL: 185×2, 255×1, 290×1, 320×3; 225,230×3, 235×4
I can actually do more by deadlifting these off the floor, lowering & raising for each rep, then returning to the floor then I can if I take the bar off a rack. My form is getting better to the point where I think doubles or even singles would be productive.
Chinups: too few to even be worthwhile mentioning
Time: 2:10, not counting band pulling which I may or may not do tonight.