1. I don’t want to be in the Army anymore
2. I’m in charge of 3 guys that don’t want to be in the Army anymore either.
3. Am I supposed to be upset that they don’t care about anything?
4. It is soul-crushing when I ask my leadership if I can do something (go to an appointment, go to the gym, etc.) and they answer “I don’t give a f*ck what the hell you do.” Wouldn’t a simple “Sure, whatever.” suffice?
5. 2 years ago, my squad leader used to make us stand in formation on the side of the road or walk during runs so he could yell at us. Instead of being upset, I was glad to get a rest. This happened again today.
6. Getting yelled at doesn’t hurt.
7. A good way to start shouting at a private or a group of privates is to yell “Do you think this is a joke?!” They have to say “No, Sergeant,” or remain silent, and then you can say “Well, why are you acting like this is a f*cking joke?!” Never fails.